Monday, April 20, 2009

Teen Daughter!

My 14-year-old daughter asked me to pick up an iTunes card on my recent trip to Target, and I happily complied. When I handed it to her, she said she could pay me for it next week.

Pay me?

Yes. Apparently she spent the weekend mucking paddocks and earned some money.

So I told her she didn't need to pay me, that I wanted to get it for her, so I did.

But really, I want to pay for it!

Why?

Because I earned money and I can.

But I'm your parent and I like buying things for you, just because. It makes me happy!

It does?

Yes!

I don't want to be greedy.

You're NOT greedy! Go enjoy shopping on iTunes! Sheesh!

What does a guy have to do to be nice to his kids these days? I thought by 14 kids were supposed to stop talking to their parents. Glad that's not the case! Now if I could just get the neighbor's beagle to shut up, life would be golden!

No comments: